Subject: Re: [Leica] Help - baseball
From: "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 12:57:03 -0700

NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON THE BALL if you are
not seated in some safe place in the stands.  Baseball can
be dangerous because even a young pitcher can throw pretty
hard and any ball struck hard with a bat can move with great velocity.
(As I learned by a near miss some 20 years ago.  Only my hat
 went flying, my head escaped injury...)

Practice Practice Practice

Where I you, I'd take the SLR, and its long glass, and
a teleconverter for the 300 if a good one is at hand.
Take a monopod to help you hold the long glass.
For sports, a monopod works better than tripod.

Take your M cameras with you too.  You use them for
close in work of people, which you do before, sometimes
during, and after the game.

Many of the best shots are of things that are non-events in the game
(catchers chasing foul balls, batters warming up, coaches wincing...)

Good luck
bmw