Subject: [Leica] oh no, another nice commen about the 75f1.4...
From: "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 12:44:01 -0700

Actually, the 75f1.4 is a truly great lens, one of my most favorite
lenses in the world.

BUT - it came up in discussion with a friend yesterday that
he was "lusting" after one.    Many people lust after one.

I'd like to suggest that while it's a great lust object, you should
think hard about what *you shoot* before you decide to buy one.

The 75f1.4 is very important to me because it gives me a little
bit of reach with maximum speed.

But, if you never shoot "in the dark", the 90f2 or 90f2.8 will likely
make you just as happy.  (I only went from a 90f2 to a 75f1.4 to
get the 1.4 speed.  Now I'm hooked.)

The other thing is, I carry a 35f1.4 and a 75f1.4.  You *might* be
just as happy with the rather cheaper 50f1.4  (I personally don't care
much for 50's, some people do.)

It's really key to think this through.  It's very very easy to buy gear
to either (a) shoot better what you *used* to do, or (b) shoot well
what somebody else does.

bmw