Subject: [Leica] Fine grain B&W
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 12:56:29 +0200

Dear Luggers,

I am looking for the ultimate fine-grain combination for my B&W work
with the M6. As I am scanning the negatives for subsequent manipulation
in Photoshop, fine grain is extremely important, as the scanning process
exaggerates any grain. When shooting 400 speed film, I stick to the two
C41 process films, Ilford XP2 or Kodak's version of the same. They have
very little grain and scan extremely well. But for slower films, where I
develop the negatives in traditional soup, I need some advice.

So far, I am considering the following combinations:

1) Agfapan APX25 developed in Rodinal
2) Agfapan APX25 developed in Rodinal Special
3) Ilford 100 Delta Pro developed in Ilfosol-S
4) Ilford 100 Delta Pro developed in Rodinal
5) Technical Pan developed in Technidol developer, rated at 25

I would appreciate any advice on those combinations. I would prefer to
use number 3 above, as it gives me a speed advantage over the 25s, but
will I get more or less the same fine grain? And are there other
possibilities I have overlooked?

Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium