Subject: Re: [Leica] Deleting LUG mails
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 23:07:59 -0700

I'm not as ruthless as I let on. :) I do indeed delete the drivel threads
and there are some people who only post "me too" messages. I always look at
a new and possibly interesting subject (THIS IS WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT FOR
CONTRIBUTORS TO MAKE THE SUBJECT FIT THE POST!!!) to see where it is going.
If it's of no interest, or if it starts to degrade into name calling, or
just drivel banter, the contributors and subjects get the big DEL. There
are a few contributors that have been around for a long time, do a lot of
talking, but have never said anything. When I have little time, like now
days, they are filtered out right from the getgo. Sorry, but that's the way
it is. What I do should not in any way dictate how someone else reads the
LUG. We all have interests. Some people have endless LUG time, others (like
me) have little LUG time.

I use the LUG as a resource and it prompts me to do research on questions
posted. I like this. Many of the questions that I've answered over the past
year or so, I didn't know the answer so I researched it, found the answer,
and posted it. So I've learned a whole lot from the LUG. When I started, I
couldn't spell M camera. Now I own one! Totally the result of the LUG. I
didn't know an M3 from an M6. Boy have I learned a lot.

The other day I discovered that I had hundreds of messages queued and had
to be absolutely ruthless. And there was a lot of rudeness, name calling,
etc. So I made the comment. DEL DEL DEL. As I said earlier, I do filter and
reject LUGjerks. I read, as much as possible, LUGnuts, LUGpeople, and
LUGfolks.

Jim