Subject: Re: [Leica] Roller processing
From: Alan Brown <abrown@ncsi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 11:18:58 -0500

>Dear LUG,
>
>I realize this is a bit off topic and my failing memory seems to
>indicate that this topic has been discussed once or twice already but
>here goes...
>

>I presently hand process my b&w on steel reels in steel cans. I'd like
>to use a motorized base and continue to use the same cans and reels. I
>do both 35mm and 120. Does anyone do this? Do I have to go to a
>dedicated system of base and drums? Can I mix and match equipment? My
>assistant would also like to process his 4x5 and 8x10 sheets this way
>rather than tray processing as he has been doing.
>
>Carl Socolow

Carl,

I use a Jobo 1540 tank on a Beseler roller base and am very pleased with
the results.  The 1540 tank holds 4 35 reels or 2 120 (but with 2 rolls on
each reel).  Not all roller bases work with the size (diameter) of the 1540
tank, so you would need to investigate that.  My stainless steel tanks were
too small a diameter to work on my roller base.

For 4x5, I use a Unicolor 8x10 color print drum which holds 4 sheets.
There is a v shaped grove in the tank that seperates the sheets.  A rubber
spacer keeps the sheets from sliding across each other.  This also works
very well on the roller base.

Hope this helps.

Alan Brown