Subject: [Leica] Flash for M's
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 10:06:30 +0000

I'm following the flash threads with interest. Does anyone have experience
with the Lumedyne system? And used in conjunction with an M6? I try
whenever possible to use my M4 or M6 on editorial projects and would rather
not have to pull out my Nikon when the going gets dark. I like to get the
flash off the camera, especially when shooting verticals. I've used a Nikon
SC-17 cord and attached an SB-24, Vivitar 283, or Vivitar 1900 on to it. I
lose the hot shoe though, which rules out using my 21mm. A Lumedyne head
looks light, easily cupable and hand held, and can be used bare bulb. Any
thoughts, comments? I'd love to use an infrared transmitter so I could lose
the sync attachment. Possible?

Bill Franson