Subject: [Leica] Roller processing
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:30:01 -0400

Dear LUG,

I realize this is a bit off topic and my failing memory seems to
indicate that this topic has been discussed once or twice already but
here goes...

I presently hand process my b&w on steel reels in steel cans. I'd like
to use a motorized base and continue to use the same cans and reels. I
do both 35mm and 120. Does anyone do this? Do I have to go to a
dedicated system of base and drums? Can I mix and match equipment? My
assistant would also like to process his 4x5 and 8x10 sheets this way
rather than tray processing as he has been doing.

I'd prefer not to get something as involved as a Jobo system with lift,
bottles and such although I'd consider using their drums if I had to.
And I also realize that the larger formats will require at least larger
tanks and accompanying equipment.

Those of you who use motorized bases and roller drums for processing,
would you please relate your experiences. Also, any help on processing
time adjustments would be appreciated.

Carl Socolow