Subject: Re: [Leica] no one can help on this one?
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 22:01:34 -0300

At 13 May 1998 11:40:32 -0700, Francesco Sanfilippo <fls@5senses.com> wrote:

> The flash I am using does not allow for altering the flash output.
> I think I would need a $400 Metz flash to do that.....

Uh, or a $65 Vivitar. [1]

Or if you're allergic to autoflash and really insist on fiddling with dials
and flashmeters and not changing your distance from the subject, an $80
Vivitar [2] or the $65 Vivitar plus a plug-in thingie.  Or, yes, if you decide
you're not allergic to autoflash and want to have essentially every possible
aperture available instead of four of the flash's choice... a $350-$400
Metz. [3]

...but you really only need to spend all the money in the world if you want
something to do the SCA-3000 dance with an R8.  Not an issue with an M6.

 [1] Vivitar 283.  Essentially unchanged (physically and, it appears, in
     price) since... when, the Seventies?

 [2] Vivitar 285HV.

 [3] 40MZ2/40MZ3.

 -Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>