Subject: [Leica] TID> Japanese Parts
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 12:09:37 -0500

The sticker on the window of my 300E claimed that 98% of the car was sourced
in Germany.  However, I believe the A/C compressor is Japanese but that's
about it.  Incidently, the '91/'92 300E's are kinda like the M3/SL/2.  They
were the last of the cost-no-object Mercedes where a big part of the
workforce were
inspectors.  Beginning in '93, Mercedes switched to making people
responsible for the quality of their own work as a way to reduce costs.
Bud