Subject: Re: [Leica] Solm's Quality
From: ATanabe <ATanabe@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 11:42:22 EDT

<< Jim brick wrote:

 >Notice I removed the "lack of" from the subject.
 >ps... Any other Leica "Quality" stories out there? >>

I have only good things to say about my Leica experience.  I had to wait for
my APO Modular lense to be made (ordered 11/96 received 4/97) but it came out
of the box perfect.  Just got a 180 APO and it too is perfect.  I agree that
part of buying Leica is the "quality checks" that the equipment goes through
before shipping.  Maybe it is the recent demand for product that has the
inspectors giving only a brief inspection of  the product?
Question to all the LUGGERs:
Would you be willing to wait an extra 4 months for product that will be
absolutely perfect out of the box?  R8 winder/motor people need not reply.
Al