Subject: Re: [Leica] what happened?/180.2.8 lens
From: ATanabe <ATanabe@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 00:39:51 EDT

<<  I still question the wisdom of my (our?) quest though, in the search for
 a true Leica lens, that is. At the recent LHS Leica Day here in England,
 I showed some concert photos, 20"x16" taken on the Zeiss Sonnar which
 seemed to lack for nothing. >>

Your Zeiss Sonnar, I believe, was the inspiration for the 180 Elmarit.  A
Zeiss Sonnar is a very formidable lense in itself.