Subject: Re: [Leica] Solm's Lack of Quality
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 19:00:26 -0500

At 06:58 PM 5/11/98 +0200, you wrote:

>What would you say, Eric, to the members of your staff, if they'd
>show and sell repeatedly evident scrab to the public under your
>name or the name of your paper ? And what would the owners say,
>no matter how rich - oooops, an accident  ?

I take scrab to mean bad? Tasteless? :-)

Well, we don't sell pictures to anyone, except reprints, and that no on has
a right to complain about, they're just getting pictures to hang on the
fridge. But we do a good job anyway.

If my photographers put out garbage photos, they'd have to find new work if
they don't improve. The same will happen with Leica.

No one has proved there are significant problems in overall QC in Solms.
Just a few incidents in the thousands of cameras and lenses they make. One
bad lens is a tragedy. For sure. But NOBODY makes perfect cameras. Leica
just makes better ones.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Some people say that I'm superficial, but that's just on the surface.