Subject: Re: [Leica] Solm's Lack of Quality
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 12:25:25 -0400

At 09:26 AM 5/11/98 -0500, Bud Cook wrote:
>My position is that products coming out of Solms have a high incidence of
>problems.  It's not that these are engineering problems, these are
>manufacturing problems and they've not occurred like this in my 40+ year
>history with Leitz/Leica.

Mr Cook

Would you please provide the statistical data on which you are relying to
make this assertion?  Specifically, it would be best if you posted this
data from 1954, the introduction date of the M3, to the present, so we may
see whether such a "decline" in production quality exists, or whether it is
so much idle prattle and gossip.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!