Subject: Re: [Leica] is a finder necessary?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 22:16:20 -0400

At 06:25 PM 10-05-98 -0700, you wrote:
>Is a finder the only workable option for using a 21 or 24 on the M6?
>I have the M6HM, and don''t like the idea of a separate finder each time
>I want to use the wide angle lenses.  Does anyone shoot "sans finder?"
>
>Are there any M bodies that have a finder frame wider than 28mm?
>

>Francesco Sanfilippo,

Technically, the answer is no.  However, since there is a bit of extra
coverage builtin to the frames, especially at infinity, you *may* be able
to approximate the 24mm view with the 28mm frames, in the regular M6.  Not
possible in the HM version, since the 35mm frame goes right to the edge of
the field of vision in the HM viewfinder, and it would be difficult to
guess what is beyond it.

Dan C.