Subject: Re: [Leica] "State of the Art"
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 18:52:41 -0700

Harrison McClary wrote:

> I do like the 1/2 stop shutter speeds and find them handy, mainly because
> I have a 600 4.5 lens that is a straight 4.5 and to vary exposure I must
> change the shutter speeds and I shoot almost exclusively chrome.

Harrison, so how does the lens work?  I shot a few frames with Helmut's
R3.  But got film back with all blanks.  Guess what.  With dead battery
on R3 the shutter cranks, makes shutter-like sounds, moves, but doesn't
open.  I guess you have to know that if meter doesn';t work, camera
doesn't work.

Will probably see Helmut in next couple days.

donal
- ---
Donal Philby
San Diego