Subject: [Leica] 90/2 SOOZI / Moss, Todoroff , Van Hasbroeck & Laney
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 16:59:46 EDT

Gary - Just as a matter of trivia, my SOOZI was made in 1958 - s/n 1580243.
If yours is #147xxxx, then it would be one of the 3 dozen ( 9 LTM & 27 "M")
extremely rare 1957 production lenses.

Mine was sold to Van Hasbroeck in London for $2500 and in conversation
with him, he told me that one of the many errors in Laney's book pertained
to the 1957 SOOZI's in which he wrote had a non-detachable head. He was
wrong as the head does detach but what he meant was that it cannot  be
then attached to the Visoflex like the later ones can;also they all had
painted
hoods and caps, as they were aluminum rather than brass and unlike the
Summarex, were produced in both LTM & "M"; the Summarex's  were all
made in LTM and an adapter was added later.

In any case - what you have is a very rare lens !!!!

Skal,

Marvin