Subject: [Leica] Slide mounts -- glass?
From: Dieter Stoll <dstoll@tuebingen.netsurf.de>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 22:09:50 +0200

Hi all,
maybe slightly off topic but come to think of it, not: after all the slide
projector is Leica, too! Anyway, after starting out with Leica glass on the
picture taking side, too (after many years of enjoying it only in the
projector) I got dissatisfied with very unwanted, very un-bokeh lack of
sharpness. Slides that looked gorgeous on the light table under a 4x loupe
looked awful on the big screen. Got myself a pack of Gepe LKM glass mounts
(1.9 mm so they fit in LKM trays -- anybody using these?). Stunning
results. I'm wondering what you people out there use for slide mounts.
Glassless, single or double glass? If double glass, how long do you wait
before you commit your freshly developed slides to glass? Decades ago,
conventional wisdom seemed to suggest that you wait for at least to weeks
to let them dry out completely; I've heard that nowadays, with much
improved chemistry involved, there is no need for this awkward grace
period. TIA! -- Dieter
Dieter Stoll                  D-72127 Kusterdingen, Germany
dstoll@tuebingen.netsurf.de   Home fax: +49-7071-368520