Subject: [Leica] Solm's Lack of Quality
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 09:13:44 -0500

I've seen enough to know that there is a big problem with the products
coming out of Solms.  What surprises me is the blas=E9 attitude of those =
who
have had to experience these problems.

I can't think of one new Leitz/Leica product that I've bought that was
anything less than perfection and which failed to perform perfectly for
years and years.

I realize that you can't expect 1960's quality nowadays but you should
expect that Leica will insure that the stuff coming out of Solms is at le=
ast
working and unflawed.  Even at 1998 prices, the stuff is expensive.

Maybe my depression from the news of the Chrysler and Daimler Benz merger
has set off this diatribe

Bud Cook