Subject: Re: [Leica] R8: Matrix Metering and your EI for transparencies
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 21:18:35 +0000

Myers Pete wrote:

> When shooting transparencies with your R8 on matrix, which film are you using
> and what EI are you shooting it at? Perhaps it would be best to also explain
> your subject matter, such as landscape, reportage, or portrait.

Pete,

I shoot a little of everything above and on my R8 it seems to read a
little dark.  On the average on on center weighted it is bout 1/2
stop darker than my Minolta Auto IVF and on Matrix it is even a
little worse than that.

I usually shoot Velvia and Astia.

Oh I rate the Velvia at 32 and the Astia at 80 on my Minolta, but
leave the R8 on DX code.  This may be the  reason for the difference,
but as I have stated here before I use my incident readings on most
of my shooting.  If I am using the in camera meter I cheat to the
over side on the meter readings.
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto