Subject: Re: [Leica] Life Mag Eisey Issue
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 17:43:06 -0400

At 06:57 AM 5/8/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Zzzzzzzzzzzz...
>
>I find much of the photography in Doubletake to be weak, bland, without
>vision. I don't see every month, but when I do look, it all looks an awful
>lot alike.

>=========
>
>Eric Welch

NPR's Morning Edition had an interview with Robert Coles, co-editor of
Doubletake.  Alex Chadwick, the interviewer, made the comment that most of
the photographs look like snapshots that could have been made by anybody's
brother-in-law.  Coles agreed and was very proud of that.  I agree and
don't get it.   Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>