Subject: Re: [Leica] perforations
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@jnlcom.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 16:48:13 -0500

According to my trusty percentage wheel it would be appx 45%, but then
again I have been know to mis-size photos, one reason the production dept
now sizes all photos for the magazines.....Who said I was stupid..  ;)

One thing is having to get new neg carriers and auto print machines for
the wider format.  Most of those things crop out a part of the current
35mm format so they would REALLY crop this new size.

Not to mention that I personally HATE the new auto load things like the
R8, Canon EOS and Nikons have.  I much prefer the old take up spools
where you could load the camera upside down in the rain to keep the back
dry, in high wind the leader would not fly away and best of all you could
load the cameras and never get your fingers near the touchy vertical
shutters.  Now you have to position it just so and close the back with it
in position for it to catch properly.  Try it in the rain while trying to
keep your pressure plate dry and you will see what I mean.

Alan Hull wrote

>PS The 30% is my estimate.  I'm too comfortable to get up and fetch my
>calculator.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto