Subject: [Leica] 16 mm Hologon for M
From: Thomas Pastorello <tmp@mailbox.syr.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 14:42:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,
  For those of you who may remember me, I'm now back on the list and back
to a small M system.  I had sold most of my equipment to photojournalist
friends of my daughter (they made me offers I could not refuse)
and had given a basic M system to my daughter for her newspaper work.
She's decided she's strictly an SLR Nikon person and gave me back a small
M system.  (She always did take more after her mother.)
  I do not have a super-wide and am seriously considering the Zeiss 16mm
Hologon f8.0 modified for Leica M.  This list has been very friendly and
helpful in the past.  I hope one or more of you can guide me again.  Do
you have experience with this lens on the M?  Is the adaptation fully
successful?  Who does the adaptation work?  Do all dealers use the same
technician?  For those of you who know it from either the M or G-1 or G-2,
does it live up to the Zeiss name -- as always I'm particularly concerned
about flare control?
   Thank you for any help.  Tom P.