Subject: Re: [Leica] Identity of Leica Screw mount Camera and Bokeh
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 11:49:41 -0400

Robert;

This is a fascinating picture. It reminded me of a discussion my wife and I
had recently, while watching the A&E Mystery of Hercule Poirot, where the
indomitable Captain Hastings was indulging in his most recent hobby of
photography. Around his neck was a beautiful IIIa with collapsible lens- my
guess a Summicron.
I 'oooohed' appreciatively, and my wife stated that the camera was probably
not any good as it was a 'stage prop' and since the story took place in the
mid- to late thirties, an old camera like that probably wouldn't be much
good! I tried to explain, but your photograph will be, literally, worth a
thousand words!
Reminds me of what my father said about women- and it goes for Leicas as
well- 'The older the fiddle, the finer the tune...'  ;)
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com