Subject: Re: [Leica] Trip to Russia
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:08:20 +0100

Fabian Onetti wrote:

>I will be going to St. Petesburg, Russia next week. Anybody can give some
>advice about Customs / Security of taking my M6 with me. This will be a
>quick business trip (4 days) but I do not want to miss the opportunity to
>shoot some good pictures.>>>>>

Hi Fabian,

Customs/immigration: Be prepared to wait for a long time as they check
everything but your blood pressure!  Unless they've changed in the past 10
months or so and made it easier.

You should keep your M6 with you all the time and lots of film in your
pockets or bag, as St Petersburg is a marvellous city and very photogenic
every where you go.

You must go to the Hermitage! You can't go to St Petersburg and not do a
tour, even if it has to be a quick walk through, but go!!!  It is
fantastic! When I was there you could take pictures as you went on the walk
about, but without tripod. With your M6 you shouldn't have any problem
shooting all over the place.  They might have changed the camera rules. If
they have, you can probably buy a "picture taking ticket" for a few rubles.
It is a photographers' paradise!

If some of your business meeting are dull and boring, hell let someone else
listen and make notes for you! :)  While you go shoot pictures!!!!!!! :)

Have a good visit!

Oh yes and drink the vodka as it comes right out of the freezer!!!!! :)
Just snap a shot back with each mouthful of food! The Russians will love
you. :)
ted