Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh? Summilux Aspherical?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 21:30:40 -0500

At 06:18 PM 4/30/98 -0400, you wrote:

>one of my favorite lenses.  Can anybody tell me if the aspherical version
>of this lens gives the same look?  I know it is supposed to be sharper, but
>I am more concerned with the "look" than the resolution.  My Summilux is a
>much battered user lens that I bought used.  Should I mortgage the house
>for an aspherical or not?

Don't know about the look being different. I suspect that it's going to
have to be some testing on  your part that will help you decide.

On the other hand, if you are happy with the performance of your current
lens, why change?

On the other hand (as a fiddler on the roof plays in the background) the
ASPH is awesome! I would never be without it now.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

God is REAL, unless explicitly declared INTEGER.