Subject: [Leica] Bokeh? Summilux Aspherical?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 18:18:47 -0400

LUGnuts -

I had a request to put up the Miskito Indian boy again, so I took the
opportunity to put up a couple of photos of Miskita (feminine) that to me
show the 3-D look of Leica.  Do you think this is what is meant by "bokeh"?
 It is totally unpredictable to me but sometimes the photos just seem to
pop off of the page.  Both of these were made with the 35mm/1.4 Summilux -
one of my favorite lenses.  Can anybody tell me if the aspherical version
of this lens gives the same look?  I know it is supposed to be sharper, but
I am more concerned with the "look" than the resolution.  My Summilux is a
much battered user lens that I bought used.  Should I mortgage the house
for an aspherical or not?

The URL is:   <http://members.tripod.com/~Tina_Manley/index.html>

TIA - Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP