Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures taken with SOOKY-M
From: "Eric Welch" <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 98 22:22:19 Set the time zone in the Time preference utility

>Since the angle of "normal" visual perception in humans agrees to the
>overlapping impression from both your eyes, the angle is definitely
larger
>than from a 50 mm (it agrees to a 35), even if one eye covered an area of
>only 47 deg (which is not true).

What I objected to is that this claim that normal lenses can't be defined
becuase the angle of vision is not as narrow as a "normal" lens. What I
said was that the overall impression left by a 43mm lens most closely
represents what we look at with our eyes because of magnification. If he
doesn't want to believe it, fine, but that doesn't make it right, or any
reason to denigrate people for using the term "normal" for generally
accepted reasons, even if the reason isn't all inclusivly correct.

=======
Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch