Subject: Re: [Leica] what happened?/180.2.8 lens
From: FIGLIO4CAP <FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:25:25 EDT

Well, I did buy the 180,3.4 but I had the Sonnar for years and found it to be
pretty darned good. BTW, I took it once years ago to George Knechsberger who
sold Leicas in Phila. under the name of Photo-Cine. George was an "old- time"
German who delighted in the beauty of fine work (and the big bucks it
demands). When I showed him the lens he said',"what are you doing with that
piece of Communist crap?"  (;>)
Bob