Subject: Re: [Leica] Film for SF Trip
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 22:23:40 -0600

- -----Original Message-----
From: Dave Myers <myers@bluelake.org>
>My family and I are going to San Francisco and Yosemite for a week (yes
>only a week... how sad) in May.  Any suggestions on what film to take?

You don't really need to see San Francisco this year, do you? :-)

E100SW's nice. In Yosemite Valley, be watching for open shade conditions,
which you'll encounter a lot in the mornings and evenings. A strong warming
filter may be good for these situations. In the high country, a polarizer
can produce dramatic results, though one does need to be careful not to
overdo the blue/black skies + white granite look.

For the fun of it, visit the Ansel Adams Gallery, where you can compare his
photos as reproduced in books, with the souvenir prints hanging on the wall,
as well as The Real Things, and all under the same (very good) lighting
conditions.

Jeff