Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures taken with SOOKY-M
From: Paul and Paula Butzi <butzi@halcyon.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 21:56:11 -0700

>As for 50mm being easiest to design, not true. Short teles are the easiest
>to design, because the angle the light passes through the lens is
>minimized compared to longer and shorter focal lengths according to the
>optical designers I've read. The reason 50s are so cheap is there are so
many
>of them! Notice, the 90 Summicron isn't any more expensive than the
>50 Summicron.

B&H current prices:
	50mm Summicron-M: $945 less $100 rebate
	90mm Summicron-M: $1695 less $100 rebate

I don't know about where you live, but here in Seattle,
we've observed that 1595 is considerably larger
than 845, unless you're using extremely large
values of 845 and extremely small values of 1595.

What am I missing?  Did I get taken when I bought
my 90mm Summicron?  Did I get a really good deal
when I bought my 50?

- -Paul