Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Pictures taken with SOOKY-M
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:51:08 -0500

Aart,

>     among objects, near to far, is approximated by an 85mm lens.  Can any
>     LUG member who HAS some optical expertise confirm that latter notion?

Here is a great totally non-scientific view.  I once owned a Hassy with an
80mm lens and an R4 with a 50mm lens.  Looking through the viewfinder of
each with one eye and at the scene with the other - I found that the 80 was
practically an overlap of what I saw with my other eye.  I have noticed
this also with SLR's with about a 75-80mm lens.  Probably not worth 2 cents

Dick Hemingway