Subject: Re: [Leica] V35 autofocus help
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 08:45:58 -0500

Marc,

When I worked at UPI Atlanta we had both the V35 and the Durst Artineg.
I personally liked the durst much better than the Leitz V35.  Something
about the Durst just printed better, both had color heads.  I was
definitely in the minority as I was the only to use the Durst, but than
again I have always been behind the curve. ;)

Marc James Small wrote

>This is one cranky, nasty, foul-tempered, foolishly designed item.  It is,
>bluntly, the most worthless excuse for an enlarger I have ever used.
>Autofocus?  Well, I concede that it "auto" focus, but, bloody hell, with
>each frame, it is a ten-minute exercize in futzing about with a gazillion
>adjusting screws to make it work.  Go to the next frame?  Autofocus?  Nope.
> Back to square one, and do it all over again.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto