Subject: Re: [Leica] Proprietary Bayonets, Yet again
From: Chris Bitmead <chrisb@ans.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 06:24:33 +0000

> But if you
> copied a GM starter, micro-millimeter by micro-millimeter, and someone told
> the boys in Detroit, that same nasty fellow I mentioned above, or his or
> her twin, would be writing you another nasty letter.

But 3rd party car parts are often things that have to be pretty
damned close to the original to be any good. Things like modern
moulded headlights. They have to be moulded to look exactly like
the original, or they would look so ugly! And there are off-brand
replacements for common cars like Corollas. I think there are
even dodgy panels like doors and such.

And chip makers like AMD and Cyrix made chips to fit the same
sockets as Intel chips in the Intel designed sockets.

I guess I just don't understand the whole issue :-) :-(

- --
Chris Bitmead
http://www.ans.com.au/~chrisb
mailto:chrisb@ans.com.au