Subject: Re: [Leica] Strange R8 winder
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 18:16:42 -0600

At 12:02 AM 25/04/98 +0100, you wrote:
>I received one a couple of months ago and it worked like a charm up until
>the other day on a shoot. Would rewind, but wouldn't advance or it locked
>everything up and the only way to get power again was to remove the winder
>and reinstall.
>
>All that did was give me power for the shutter and viewfinder functions as
>well as using the camera manually.

I'm not an R8 user, but I'm wondering if this may have something with the
manual rewind lever.  Does the winder disengage when the manual rewind
lever is swung out slightly, as with other R drives?  Just wondering...or
perhaps it has something to do with the mode selector switch moving
slightly ...

- -GH