Subject: [Leica] Developing for dummies
From: Stephen Kobrin <kobrins@wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 12:15:53 -0400

How about an elemental question about films and developers?  Much of the
"talk" on the list over the last few days on this topic revolves around the
optimal combination for the experienced.  I have not developed film for
about 20 years and would like to start again.  (Doing B&W digitally makes
me want control over the entire process!)

I use both TMAX and Ilford Delta, both typicially 100 ASA.  Could some of
you recommend a good _basic_ developer for each film; something that will
provide reasonable results but be reasonably tolerant of the relearning
process?   I suspect that it would be best to settle on one or the other,
but would like to try developing both before I decide.

Last, is a JOBO processor worth it for B&W?  Or will a simple tank do the
trick just as well?

Steve