Subject: Re: [Leica] Ricoh GR 28 f/2.8 for Leica M
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 09:53:17 +0200

On 26-04-1998 08:29 Chris Bitmead wrote:

>Pascal wrote:
>>
>> Ricoh has a screwmount lens for the Leica M series: the GR 28mm f/2.8.
>> You will have to buy a screwmount to M-bayonet convertor to use it with
>> the M however (the M-bayonet is proprietary).
>
>Since when was it possible to make a bayonet proprietry?

I did not mean this in the technical sense of the word, but in the legal
sense. But as Marc Small rightly pointed out, the Leica patent on their M
bayonet expired in the early seventies.
So I'm not sure why Ricoh went the screwmount-way. Maybe because that's
easier or cheaper to realize?

Pascal

t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e r