Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Prints v. Scans, was Brassai
From: Dooley <dooley@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 06:54:00 +0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> HTML coders who can't do squat as far as design or who have even a
> reasonable resemblance to good taste could work for $50 an hour plus
> because people didn't know how to code. Thus all the ugly web pages out
> there. (I'm still working on the looks on mine). But now everyone can do it
> with little effort in comparison to just a year or two ago, things will
> move more towards content (and the new markup languages should help).

Ugly webpages?  Take a look at this page - http://cado.maths.uwa.edu.au/~kevin/
.  This guy is a computer genius, but has the ugliest page he can possibly make
(and the content is good if thats what you're interested in - chaos?)  Maybe
this is the new trend - eschewing aesthetic pleasure altogether for content.

I prefer the minimalist approach - check out my webpage for _really_ rudimentary
presentation.  I did it with netscape composer, despite the fact that I can code
in html.  (Like Picasso and abstraction maybe?   Nah...I'm just lazy!)  :-)

Sean
http://opera.iinet.net.au/~dooley/sean/index.html