Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: mtf test of leica R lenses
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:48:03 +0200

> No juridical problem at all. I have not duplicate the tests of CDI. I have
> used the tests for a brief compilation and I have indicated the reference
> of my work.
> As you write other compilations previously exist on the web.
>
> Dominique >>
>
>Dominique, you are incorrect.  If they choose to do so they could come after
>you for violation of copyright law.
>
>Tom Shea

You are definitively incorrect. As a professor of law and economics at the
U. of Nancy (I beg your pardon for that), I know quite well the 1957 Law. I
do not know the US equivalent law but in my case the french law would
apply. I translate and recapitulate roughly the 41 article, alineas 2 and 3
: "are authorised digests and short citations in order to give examples and
illustrations without commercial intention".

Dominique