Subject: Re: [Leica] Films and Developers
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 13:06:14 -0300

Tina:

With all this talk about Scala lately, I am wondering why a Tmax user like
yourself has not tried the Direct Positive kit for this film.  I was in my
retailer a few weeks ago and got such a kit.  He had ordered it in for a
school that later decided they didn't want it.  I dont't think the kit is
very expensive as the price on it was the equivalent of $30.00USD. The
retailer said I could have it if I bought twenty rolls of Tmax 100.  I
figured I would use the Tmax so I went for the deal.

Since there is probably a shelf life on the chemicals once mixed, I will
shoot five or six rolls so I have lots to develop to justify mixing it up.
It is a one quart kit and the part number is 812 1188.  I will let the list
know how I make out.  It may be a month or so until I try it.  Has anybody
on the list tried this kit?

Regards,

Robert Stevens
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada