Subject: Re: [Leica] Brassai
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:26:09 -0600

- -----Original Message-----
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
>Check out John Sexton's work. He does this kind of thing with TMax films!
>Yes, visible filaments in lights. How? Dilute TMax developer (1:15) and
>long development times. I'm sure some day he'll have a technical book. For
>now, just try some experimentation wth dilute TMax, and you might find what
>you are looking for.

Eric et al,
Is this Tmax + highly dilluted Tmax developer the hot ticket these days, or
is John Sexton just using the stuff because it comes in Readyloads?

Looking to settle in on one black-and-white film/developer combo and wish to
begin film testing shortly, but I'm in no mood to test everything out there!
Tri-X in HC110 has been mentioned elsewhere (Fred Picker's Zone VI Workshop,
'74 ed), but the info was many years old, so I dunno if this is still a good
way to go? Actual working film speed of 100-200 would be great. 50 is
getting a little low, and 25's definitely so for all but the stillest of
days.

Suggestions would be most welcome before I go out and buy hundreds of feet
of the wrong stuff!

Jeff