Subject: Re[3]: [Leica] Re:an objective evaluation [OFF-TOPIC]
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:33:16 -0400

     Eric Welch wrote:

I have a social science degree. I know behaviorism, I know B.F. Skinner's
thoughts, and I don't buy it...If B.F. Skinner is right, than we are not
sentient beings...just automatons, reacti[ng] to stimuli. Our sense of self,
our freedom, is an illusion. We have no free choice. And people would
respond to social stimuli in the same way given the same circumstances in
life. That is certainly hardly true.

     You're right, of course, Eric: those things are NOT true.  But neither
     are they what Behaviorism is about nor what Skinner said (which I'd be
     more than happy to discuss further with anyone privately---just not in
     this forum, where it's all pretty far off-topic, even for me).

     Art Peterson