Subject: Re: [Leica] Apo 280/2,8 ?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 06:47:52 -0500

At 10:26 AM 4/24/98 +0200, you wrote:

>Question for those who really use that lens:
>Do you use the filter?
>If you do, do you see any difference in term of results ?
>If you don't, is the front element so sensitive ?

I used to have that lens. Top-notch performance. I used the filter in all
situations except backlighting. And for one good reason, it's so big, it's
hard to carry around in the camera bag. I think Leica too it into
consideration when the designed the lens, because I tried it both ways and
didn't notice any loss of image quality. But then, that lens is so good, it
could be the film couldn't tell the difference. (Except in high flare
situations, that is).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Hex dump: Where witches put used curses...