Subject: Was: [Leica] Mike's Ten Books(2) Now: Personal attach and ridicule
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 07:56:34 -0400

At 12:37 PM 21-04-98 +0200, Alan Hull  wrote:

>I repeat my opinion that when a photographer throws the background out of
>focus to emphasis the main subject he is guilty of LAZY technique. [snip]
>
>Maybe your right, I don't belong in this group.  One thing is certain I
>will not risk the personal attack and ridicule again.   So this will be my
>last posting to you and with my last "stupeh"  i will bid you goodbye.  It
>was good to know you.

Personal attack?  After calling pretty well everyone in the group "lazy"
(both above and in your original post)?  That we waste chemicals?

Try going on to a surgeons mailing list and announcing to all of them that
a major surgical technique they use is wrong.  Period.  And that they are
lazy.  Period.  What do you think will happen?  Do you think they will not
post strong opinions about you?  If sergeons don't work for you, substitute
any professional association of your choosing.

Its one thing to announce a preference to a certain technique, but this
isn't what you did.

Dan C.