Subject: Re: [Leica] Charleston Living - OFF TOPIC
From: Dave Richards <rchdp@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:50:44 -0600

I echo what Tina says.  I've never lived in Charleston, but I've spent a
bit of time there.  I'm in the Coast Guard Reserve and I have done five, or
perhaps six, active duty periods there.  Each visit was better than the
last.  It has become my favorite US city.

I was there in August, 1989, right before Hurricane Hugo hit, and again in
February, 1990.  Going back and seeing the devastation so soon after the
storm was one of the most painful things I have ever done.

It's a gracious city with warm, friendly people.  And as Tina alluded to,
if you can't find a superbe meal in Charleston, you're just not looking.