Subject: Re: [Leica] Golf carts
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 10:47:44 -0700

Is five lenses considered a "heap" of gear? I used to carry a lot more. But
with these five, I have superwide to very long. The M lenses may well
reside in my pockets since I'm using 35/2, 50/2, 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit. All
VERY small as lenses go. And while visiting different places, I won't
always be carrying both R & M. The R bag & tripod is more of a car kit for
Velvia landscapes.

I worked summers in Germany at the European Space Agency in Darmstadt, ('68
to '73.) I had Alpa equipment and that's when I got to know the owners of
the Alpa factory. They loaded me up with equipment to use while in Europe.
I carried a car load of equipment around but packed a small bag for
extended hikes. I'll follow the same practice this time. Carry in my bag,
only what I need for the hike/outing. Obviously carrying the 15 on mountain
hikes is useless. But in buildings, small towns, or other close-in
situations, it cannot be beat. Likewise the 180 and extenders are not
always appropriate. So in reality, my shoulder bag will only carry three
lenses most of the time.

So the golf cart idea, although deserving merit, will have to be passed
along to someone else.

Thanks anyway,

Jim