Subject: [Leica] Valoy I enlarger ?
From: "Neal Findley" <nealfindley@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 11:32:17 -0500

Yesterday I found myself missing the crispness of the old condenser
enlargers for black and white work - I saw an old Valoy I for a good price
and picked it up.  I had forgotten how simple the old ones are.  Of course
it did not come with a lens so when I got home I stuck an old nikkor 50mm on
it to test it.  I was surprised that at 5X7 size and under (full frame) it
did not focus well, nearly but not quite as if the length of throw was not
long enough.  I know some used normal Leica 50mm camera lens on this
enlarger - was it per chance designed only for the use of a camera lens?
Perhaps one of the multitude of Luggers who know more than me could give me
a hint. Thanks.
- -Neal