Subject: [Leica] superwide choices - R or M?
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:54:14 -0700

Folks, I need a superwide.  By superwide I mean 19mm to 24mm.
I have an R8 kit with a 100 APO Macro ROM and 180/2.8 ROM
(all of which I am considering selling since I hardly use them
anymore....hint, hint), and an M6 0.85 kit with a 35/2 ASPH,
50/2, and 90/2.8, all new models.  I love the M6 more each day,
and find myself using it 99% of the time now, only pulling out the
R8 when I need to do specific macro work or long distance stuff.

I find myself now wanting something wider.....I think I have the entire
lens spectrum covered very well right now, except for the superwide
and the supertelephoto.  I currently have no need to spend money
on anything over 180mm.  Sure a 300mm or 280mm would be cool
to have, and I would use it every now and then, but a good 19-24mm
would be used much more, especially on the M.  Which one do you
recommend for me, the 21mm or the 24mm?  I think the 28 is too
close to the 35.

The guy at my local shop tells me the 19mm-R is better than the 21mm
ASPH-M.  Any ideas out there?

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com