Subject: Re: [Leica] Online specs for M and R cameras
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 06:58:52 -0500

At 11:25 AM 4/17/98 +0200, you wrote:

>Until, that is, I heard of the Leicaflex SL.  So, now I wonder, is there
>anywhere *online* that I can find out specs for various Leica cameras
>that are no longer in production?  It would save me having to buy yet
>*another* book on photographic equipment.  At least for the time being ;-)

Get the book on Leica SLRs. And remember, there are some lenses that are
being built now (and some since '80) that won't work on it. Make sure it's
not one of the latest lenses that only have the "third cam." And some
lenses protrude back into the body so far an SL can't handle it. Some of
those lenses, but not all, will work on the SL2, because it's mirror pulls
back a bit before going up.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Stay alert - you can observe a lot by watching. Yogi Berra