Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic... AND I LOVE IT!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:47:55 -0400

I was reading in a book the other day about the human race being a
loquacious (sp.?)lot. A sociologist studying patterns of human speech
monitored conversations in the common rooms of his unversity, and found that
of all the conversations, only about 14% of them concerned academic matters!
Another study of conversation found that about 70% was gossip, idle
chattering and discussions of matters other than the business at hand!
I thought to myself- 'This sounds so much like the LUG!'
I for one love the off topic nattering about places to shoot (photograph),
the relative merits of earthquake prone areas vice the 'safe' miswest, the
discussions on batteries, and all the other little things that get
discussed. I don't think I'd hold the hard and fast 14% rule to anyone here,
but that seems like a fair ratio! So, I won't complain about off topic posts
unless less than 14% are Leica or Photo related!
So, let's hear some more about the movers and shakers in Ferndale!   :)
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com