Subject: Re: [Leica] Use just a 50mm, are you nuts???????
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:21:09 -0500

Georgette,

>Question-- if I can only afford two (used) lenses... what should they be?
>I'm about to leave for Ireland and Bosnia/Kosovo.  I'm thinking a 35 1.4
>and a 90 2.8.  What do you think??  Keep in mind my finances are strained
>to the breaking point with the body purchase (found a slightly scratched
>body for $1300, hooray) plus plane tickets etc.

Sounds like a good combinatioin to me - I rarely use the 50 and could do
without the 24 I have.  The 35/1.4 would be good for interiors as will as
outside and the 90 gives you good reach.  It is the combination I use for
travel about 90% of the time.

BTW if you had come to the U of Oklahoma College of Law (and taken oil and
gas courses, or course) we might have had more fun taking about Leicas.

Richard W. Hemingway
Eugene O. Kuntz Professor Emeritus of Oil, Gas and Mineral Law
University of Oklahoma College of Law